Friday, July 10, 2009

URBAN LIVING





Fourth of July came in with a really BIG BANG this year. I moved into my new apartment on the 27th of June and I invited many of the friends who helped, over for some Kim-Wow-Chicken and Shrimp. Chinese food for the house warming/4th of July celebration party? I thought it seemed fitting since China basically owns our American asses right now. Most of us ate with chop sticks but there were a few forkers in the crowd. I had everybody choose a set of chop sticks that they loved because they would be taking them home with them as a party favor.

The party was fantastic and everyone had a wonderful time, except for maybe a few young teens who hung out in my art room most of the night on the computer. I thought they were bored, but they said they were having fun. I haven't entertained teens for a while now, so I hope they enjoyed themselves.

The adults stayed on the main floor of the apartment and after dinner played a game called, "Apples to Apples". This game is a riot and can cause one too. I hope the neighbors didn't get the wrong impression of me my first week in the place. The game can cause a lot of yelling and excitement, when each player "pleads their case." Sometimes all players are pleading their case at once and this can get quite loud!

When darkness fell over the city, the spectacular fireworks show began. Now this wasn't a show set up by just any one person or group, this was a show by all the ordinary residents living in and around the city. The skyline was lit with beautiful fireworks in 360 degrees. Every window one looked out, there was a light show of some sort. It was amazing. We could see fireworks all the way to the Kentucky skyline and the full circumference of the city of Cincinnati. The large window in my living room has the best view of the city and was a really big hit.

My dog, Miss Mollie, was not as impressed with the fireworks as were we. In fact, she hated them. She has always hated fireworks and thunder. She ran from window to window barking at the booming sounds and only calmed down a bit when one of my guests picked her up and let her see the light show end of the deal. As soon as she was put down again, the barking commenced. I finally had to give her a long talk and explain to her that her barking was seriously getting on our nerves. She gave it up and then just fell asleep on the sofa while we continued our game. I tell you that dog is a human, wrapped in fur.

My friend Patti won the game and we decided to call it a night. Some of the golfing guys had to get up for an early tee time. I have wonderful, wonderful friends without whom this move would have never been possible. Life is amazing and the people we share it with make it that much more special. Thank you people, for your help, your love, and your constant support. You mean the world to me. Muah! XXXOOO I love you all Bigger Than The Sky!



ON THE THIRD FLOOR, TOP OF THE STAIRS



SO MUCH LIGHT AND ROOM TO PAINT



A ROOM WITH A VIEW



THE DINING AREA AND KITCHEN ARE VERY COZY TOO





So far, I really love my new place. It's roomy and airy and so full of light. The perfect space for an artist to create. The bills are going to run more here though and I don't worry because I said my prayers to the universe before moving. I may need a little part time job to supplement my income and I'm certain that will come when I need it. I am a firm believer in positive thought manifestation! After all, it was positive thought manifestation that got me this apartment in the first place!

SOME WEIRD COOLSOMENESS



"FOURTEEN MORE STEPS TO THE FOOD!"

No comments: